Re: DRAFT: ipsec charter update

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:39:22PM -0700, Alex Alten wrote:
> Barbara & Theodore,
>
> Is there a requirements doc for IKE V2?

>From the proposed charter (which you included in your e-mail message,
so I assume that meant you read it carefully before you responded :-)...

>The working group will also update IKE to reflect implementation
>experience, new requirements, and protocol analysis of the existing
>protocol.  The requirements for IKE V2 will be revised and updated as
>the first step in this process.
>
>Dec 01	Internet-Draft on IKE v2 Requirements to working group last call

> Will there be a security analysis before Last Call by a reputable group of
> cryptographers, etc?

I would think this would be very likely, yes.  I will note that there
is a group of reputable cryptographers who regularly do participate in
the ipsec wg, so hopefully this review process will be ongoing during
the whole IKE v2 process.

							- Ted