Re: Simplifying IKE

 In your previous mail you wrote:

     {Has anyone considered putting IKE message inside of a TCP option? This
   doesn't help keep the session private, but if the point is to establish
   keying so that a Binding Update will work, then this saves a bunch of
   latency. You just can't go fix the triangle before your connection comes
   up... I keep thinking that MIPv6 is the answer to multi6}

=> as the context is IPv6 I think an extension header like the destination
option header (in final position) is far better for this. But I don't
like piggybacking for heavy weight protocols (no clear pro, many cons
like ROHC confusion, complexity, SPD ambiguity, etc).

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

Follow-Ups: References: