RE: Wes Hardaker: opportunistic encryption deployment problems

> Henry Spencer writes:
>  > On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
>  > > I would not rely on any outcome being achieved as a byproduct of
>  > > DNSSEC...
>  >
>  > In other words, we can't ever rely on DNS being secure?  Come now.
>  > Admittedly, there are obstacles between here and there,
> but it is still
>  > the right solution for a number of problems.
>
>    This strikes me as saying that the only obstacle to
>    star travel is the speed of light...
>
> 	       Mike

Not quite, light manages to travel from A to B independent of our
requirement for interstellar travel.

Unfortunately the requirement that people be able to use DNSSEC
as the solution to all the worlds security problems has led to a
significant and serious increase in the complexity, deployment
cost and overhead of DNSSEC.

		Phill

Phillip