RE: [Design] Re: Wes Hardaker: opportunistic encryption deployment problems

I think the problem is not specifically "global PKI" but "global trust
infrastructure".

It would be useful if IKE could use different trust models, including
delegation this to another protocol.

However, I think in most cases, binding up your key to an IP address
probably isn't that useful, due to ephemeral nature of IP addresses - my
impression is that this just gets worse with IPv6.

The important thing is that you can authenticate who your peer is - there's
no reason why this has to be bound up in an IP address - and that your
policy allows to communicate with them.

Chris

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.