RE: IKE must have no Heirs

At 8:20 AM -0700 8/15/01, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
>  > SKIP was a poor choice for any long-lived SA, because SKIP forced
>>  every packet to carry SA state information in lieu of exchanging SA
>>  establishment messages.
>
>I see no reason why that specific problem could not have been fixed.
>If you have a securely established shared secret that is securely bound
>to a shared context there should be no per packet state requirement.

Phil,

You seem to be confusing the name of a protocol, and your apparent
fondness for it, with the details that define that protocol.  I don't
recall your participation in IPsec WG activities during the time that
the SKIP vs. IKE war took place, so perhaps your understanding of the
history here is not so precise.

Steve