Re: [Fwd: ipsec config problem :please help asap. really urgent]

Sayali Karanjkar wrote:

> I need some help for this ipsec tunnel configuration that i am trying to
> implement. this is really urgent and i hope you all will help me out
> with this.

The ipsec@lists.tislabs.com list is not the right place to ask. It is for
discussions related to the design of the IPsec protocols, not for anything
about particular implementations.

Basically, you have to ask your vendor or other users of that software.

Some sites that might help:

A VPN mailing list with FAQ etc,:
http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html

Questions on particular implementations are often asked there and I've
yet to see anyone complaining that they're off topic. Quite a few get
answered.

VPN Consortium:
http://www.vpnc.org/

Loads of information, though I'm not sure if any of it will be directly
relevant to your problem.

An IPsec implementation with fairly extensive documentation online:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/index.html

Not directly relevant, but some of the background material might be
helpful.

Link farms:
http://www.opus1.com/vpn/index.html
http://www.epm.ornl.gov/~dunigan/vpn.html

> I have ... two systems which are sparc machines running the
> solaris 8 core administration package and ...

... and you have a sun.com email address. Methinks it should be possible
for you to find help from your vendor or other users of that software.

If Sun's documentation is not sufficiently helpful, the author of the
FreeS/WAN stuff pointed to above (me :-) is available for contracts.