Re: inbound vs outbound?

I beg to defer from this point of view "that every packet that is not
destined for my machine is outbound". I feel that the packets that are
originating from ur machine are outbound and the remaining packets
recieved by ur machine are inbound irrespective of whether they r destined
for ur machine or they r forwarded(in which case they also become
outbound).

Puja Puri
Member of Technical Staff
Networking and Internet  Software Group