Re: Stream Ciphers in ESP- IPsec Stack?

At 01:26 AM 8/30/2001, lokesh wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there any latest document/information regarding use of
>Stream ciphers like ARC-4 or RC4 in ESP of IPsec/Firewall Stack?.

The Borderware firewall had a proprietary-ish RC4 transform: I don't think
anyone ever published an I-D or anything describing it. I think it was
dropped entirely when the implementation moved to the newer RFCs. It was
brittle in practice. I seem to recall that when we got involved with it at
SCC, we couldn't see a practical way to make it more robust.

Rick.
smith@securecomputing.com          roseville, minnesota
"Authentication" coming in October http://www.visi.com/crypto/