RE: IKEv2 stuff.. Re: More MODP Diffie-Hellman groups for IKE

RFC 2407 says:

4.5.3 Attribute Negotiation

   If an implementation receives a defined IPSEC DOI attribute (or
   attribute value) which it does not support, an ATTRIBUTES-NOT-SUPPORT
   SHOULD be sent and the security association setup MUST be aborted,
   unless the attribute value is in the reserved range.

   If an implementation receives an attribute value in the reserved
   range, an implementation MAY chose to continue based on local policy.

This is a problem for adding new SA attributes because including
an alternate proposal doesn't help.  I believe there was agreement
on the list that the text in the first paragraph above is too
aggressive and should be replaced by a requirement to ignore any
proposal containing an unsupported attribute or value.

--David

http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");
[