Re: [Design] Re: opportunistic encryption deployment problems

    Jakob> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:

    >> In the meantime, we can publish lists of secure zones with contact
    >> information and do PGP-like web-of-trust stuff.

    Jakob> you can not do PGP-like web-of-trust within DNSsec as all signatures needs
    Jakob> to be strictly hierarchical.

  Yes, that is true.
  But, if one assumes that one has a forest rather than a tree, then one can
do web-of-trust like things on the "root" keys. Whether one does this with
PGP signatures or using DNSsec signatures is a different question.

    Jakob> or do you mean distributing lists of secure
    Jakob> zones together with their public keys using PGP?

  So, the answer is "yes"