Re: DRAFT: ipsec charter update

(A response to the charter update posting that was sent
some weeks ago. I hope the matter is still relevant...)

>The IPSEC working group will restrict itself to the following short-term
>work items to improve the existing key management protocol (IKE):
>
>1)  Changes to IKE to support NAT/Firewall traversal
>2)  Changes to IKE to support SCTP
>3)  New cipher documents to support AES-CBC, AES-MAC, SHA-2, and
>    a fast AES mode suitable for use in hardware encryptors
>4)  IKE MIB documents
>5)  Sequence number extensions to ESP to support an expanded sequence
>    number space.
>6)  Clarification and standardization of rekeying procedures in IKE.

It is not fully clear to me that all of these items are
related to IKE as the first sentence claims, e.g. points
3 and 5?

Also, as I've stated before I'd like to document
somewhere certain clarifications on how IPsec policies
and IKE work in the context of IPv6. Could that be
put also on the list, it seems to fit well with the
short-term-clarify-and-improve approach?

Jari