Re: How many spd recrds ?

Derek -

Just out of curiosity, why 2^32? Is this because the SPI is 32 bits?
If so, wouldn't this be the limits of the number of SA's effecting the
SAD, whereas the policy database (SPD) is supporting the "types" or
attributes defining the SA's?

One more curious point. If the policy defines the accepted operations
to apply, deny, or pass data - technically, wouldn't that be
unlimited? Because I could build a policy that affects only certain
selectors based on IP address or fully qualified name - which could be
limitless.

Just curious. Thankx for any answer!

Best regards,
-jim