Re: How many spd recrds ?

mahdavi -

I would like to add to this question from a different perspective...

If you have a high speed IPSec system, how do you look up a possible 4
billion records fast enough?

-------------
Best regards,
-jim

Tuesday, September 11, 2001, 12:24:40 AM, mahdavi wrote:

mahdavi> Hi
mahdavi> O my God. what I asked that you answered me so ?
mahdavi> I did not asked about theorical maximum.
mahdavi> I just said "Typicaly how many SPD  records are reqired ?".

mahdavi> In Other sentence I said "I want to have an estimation of maximum SPD
mahdavi> records that an administrator may  defines".

mahdavi> It is funny to think an administrator may define 2^32 firewall rules; and I
mahdavi> know that.

mahdavi> I mean regularly ( in average , typically  , ... ) how many SPD record may
mahdavi> an administrator define.

mahdavi> Best regards
mahdavi> mahdavi.

>> There isn't any theoretical maximum.  It's like asking "how many firewall
>> rules could you have?"  The answer: unlimited.
>>
>> There is a practical limit of approximately 2^32 per interface per peer.
>>
>> -derek
>>
>> mahdavi@sepahan.iut.ac.ir writes:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> >
>> > Imagine we have a high speed security gateway (Giga bit). Typicaly how
mahdavi> many SPD
>> > records are reqired ?
>> > about 10 ?
>> > about 50 ?
>> > about 100 ?
>> > about 1000 !!!???
>> >
>> > how much?
>> >
>> > I want to have an estimation of maximum SPD records that an
mahdavi> administrator may
>> > defines.
>> >
>> > sincerely yours
>> > mahdavi
>> >

>> --
>>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>>        warlord@MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

Follow-Ups: References: