Question on IPSec protocol

Title: Question on IPSec protocol

Hello All,

I came across a paper by Bruce Schneier & Neals Ferguson.

The title is "Cryptographic Evaluation of IPsec".
The URL is http://www.counterpane.com/ipsec.html

The paper suggests some improvements to IPSec protocol.

Are those (suggested improvements) already considered in
the present suite of RFCs? (RFC 2401-2412)
Will those be considered in the future revisions of RFCs in
case they are not?

Please don't feel offended by the question. Consider it as a
doubt from a newbie to IPSec.

Regards,

Raghu Tilak
Amber Networks India Pvt Ltd

Excerpt from the URL

A Cryptographic Evaluation of IPsec
N. Ferguson and B. Schneier

ABSTRACT: We perform a cryptographic review of the IPsec protocol, as described in the November 1998 RFCs. Even though the protocol is a disappointment--our primary complaint is with its complexity--it is the best IP security protocol available at the moment.

[full text - PDF (Acrobat)] [full text - Postscript]