RE: AES with SHA-2

Well, the RFC does recommend that HMACs be truncated, so I wouldn't say that
the only advantage of sha-2 over sha-1 is the longer output. However, sha-1
does seem to be strong enough at present. As I have pointed out before,
people sometimes get too hung up on matching other algorithms to the
strength of AES. It's okay to use AES just for the added speed and not for
the (presumed) added security.

Andrew
Upon closer inspection, I saw that the line
dividing black from white was in fact a shade
of grey. As I drew nearer still, the grey area
grew larger. And then I was enlightened.