Question regarding sensitivity check in RFC 2401

Title: Question regarding sensitivity check in RFC 2401

Hello experts,

I have some questions regarding Sensitivity Level & check on it.

1. RFC 2401 (Security Arch) gives references to RFC 1108 for senitivity
    levels associated with a packet.
    RFC 1108 (IPSO) suggests use of option fields in IP header to associate
    security levels to the packets. These labels can then be used in
    MLS capable implementation of IPsec. The RFC 1108 assumes IPv4 case.
    What is the equivalent of this in IPv6 world? I did not find any reference
    in RFC 2460 (IP v6).

2. This is regarding the sensitivity check.
    How does one determine the value to be compared against sensitivity information
    that is extracted from the packet? The paragraph 8.2 in RFC 2401 gives 3 options.

        Sensitivity level associated with a particular output interface
        Sensitivity level associated with the IP source address of the packet
        Sensitivity level associated with the IP destination address of the final
        IP packet.

   Can an implementation use any one of them or say the least sensitive of the three
   for security check?

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Raghu Tilak
Amber Networks India Pvt Ltd