Re: DataStructure for Storing SPD,SA Entries

hi
Its true that finding an efficient hash function seems to be a major problem
but then once that is done, hash tables prove to be efficient. Rajesh, I
suggest u to do some r&d on hash function to find a suitable one for you.
For instance the hi/fn toolkit for IPSec uses hash tables. But unfortunately
such implementations don't mention about their hash functions.

The selectors do contain a number of fields but remember that according to
RFC 2401 u can use one or more fields from selectors to map to ur policies.
This makes life simpler.

The queries with wildcards do create some problem but that can be sorted out
with the way u implement.

As far as tries are concerned, I have no idea whether any implementations
use it or not.

I hope Rajesh that atleast i have tried answering all your queries.

regds
puja