From: Andrew Krywaniuk [mailto:andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 4:40 PM
To: 'Derek Atkins'; sleepy-cat@263.net
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: what 's the use of ID payloads in Main mode of preshared
key?

Actually, the poster asked specifically about main mode with preshared keys.
The identities are indeed redundant in this case.

Andrew
Upon closer inspection, I saw that the line
dividing black from white was in fact a shade
of grey. As I drew nearer still, the grey area
grew larger. And then I was enlightened.