RE: Status of ID: IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB

Casey -

   On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Casey Carr wrote:

   > Are there IETF alternative specifications for monitoring
   > IPSec via SNMP?  If not, what would the working group recommend
   > for monitoring IPSec performance?

There are indeed two competing drafts for IKE and IPsec
monitoring and there is an unfortunate similarity in
their names. The one submitted by  Cisco and Tivoli Inc.
is

  "IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB"

I'd love to hear your comments on this draft (and from those in
your engineering and marketing groups planning to design
management applications based on SNMP for your product.)

Thanks,

Rk
x77309

----
S Ramakrishnan, Cisco Systems Inc., San Jose, Ca