CBC makes Implementations too Slow.

Hi Sirs.
Hardware implementation of IPSEC is our activity.
now we face with a problem about CBC mode.

In software CBC makes no trouble for implementation but in hardware it is another story.
If CBC mode was not mandate, acheiving high speed cryptography was easy.

for example for 3des every block needs 48 pulses to be encrypted. ( 16 round )

This leads us to a Pipeline that can generate one encrypted block per clock. but with CBC we can not reach to this speed. result of evry block has an effective role in making next block.
in another word feeding every block needs result of pervious block at first.

so our pipeline faces with terrible lack of efficiency.

now how can we face with this problem.

can any body shows us some guide lines?

sincerely yours
mahdavi