Re: Status of ID: IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Scott G. Kelly wrote:

  > rks@cisco.com wrote:
  > >
  > > Hi -
  > >
  > >     From: Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu>
  > >     Date: On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:23:03 -0400
  > >
  > > Why would an administrator use them instead of the command
  > > line interface (I am not sure there is a device out there
  > > that supports SNMP protocol but not management through
  > > telnet)?
  >
  > RedCreek devices support SNMP, but not telnet-based device management.

If you are using SNMP as a replacement for
telnet, I can understand why you'd want these
MIBs. VPN service providers looking to build
SLAs and trend monitoring tools are looking
for manageability that cannot be provided by
these MIBs.

Frankly, I find it strange that you provide no
console access but do support SNMP.

Rk
x77309

---
S Ramakrishnan, Cisco Systems Inc., San Jose, Ca