Re: Sequence Number Extension

At 8:07 AM -0800 11/1/01, Joseph D. Harwood wrote:
>In this document:
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-security-04.txt
>

>It says:
>
>"As a result, iSCSI, iFCP and FCIP implementations operating at speeds of 1
>Gbps or less MAY implement the IPsec sequence number extension, described in
>[49]. 10 Gbps or faster implementations SHOULD implement the extension
>specification."
>

>[49] is:
>
>Steve Kent, IPsec sequence number extension proposal, IETF 50.
>

>Has any work been done on this since IETF 50?  Is there draft text for it
>yet?
>

>Best Regards,
>Joseph D. Harwood
>(408) 838-9434
>jharwood@vesta-corp.com
>www.vesta-corp.com

I am currently editing a revised ESP document which includes extended
sequence number support, which accommodates combined
encryption/integrity mode algorithms, and which includes some new
features for traffic flow confidentiality.  I plan to submit it in
time for the next IETF meeting, i.e., post it next week.

Steve