Re: ipsec in tunnel mode and dynamic routing

Joe Touch wrote:

> Steve -
>
> Our ID has been out for quite a while, and was presented in Adelaide in
> Spring 2000 (it even expired, but a copy is available on my website at
> http://www.isi.edu/touch/pubs/draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-01.txt)

FWIW, this information was provided for the recollection of those who
attended. I appreciate that not everyone recalls all talks, and
apologize if it appeared otherwise.

However, since we're discussing a technique that was proposed in an ID,
and the draft did discussion most of these issues (reasons why tunnel
mode is insufficient, why we want hop-by-hop, how it is secure), I would
like to direct the discussion of our proposed solution to occur in the
context of the draft itself. While that version of the draft has expired
(we're resubmitting an update tomorrow), the draft does discuss most of
these issues in particular (and that version remains available on my
website as posted earlier).

Joe