Re: SOI: identity protection and DOS

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 01:14:13PM -0800, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Henry Spencer writes:
>  > On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Michael Thomas wrote:
>  > > ...In the particular example given, if my
>  > > national identity smart card gave away all sorts
>  > > of private information to any merchant who asked,
>  > > why should I have any belief that that information
>  > > will remain private?
>  >
>  > Do you expect that your credit-card numbers will remain private, even
>  > though you give them to any merchant you deal with?  Sure you do!  You
>  > may not bet your life on it, but you do bet your credit rating on it.
>
>    Actually, I don't. Credit cards are completely insecure and
>    the only reason that I use them is that the credit card
>    company is willing to take the hit for fraud, not me.

Since you are quite comfortable with credit card companies taking the
hit for fraud, then I expect to see your credit card number published on
your personal web page.  ;-)

> 		Mike

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs           --    ~\                 Auto-Free Ottawa! Canada
<www.TriColour.net>            --    \@       @           <www.flora.org/afo/>