RE: On shared keys (was RE: SOI: identity protection and DOS)

You have completely missed my point, and incorrectly lumped Visa and ATM
security systems together.

My point is that for over 20 years hundred's of millions of people have
been using *DES* to get cash out of ATM machines.  This is a very large
scale system, the number of Internet hosts is an order of magnitude smaller.
As far as I know there has never been a major compromise of this system,
where lots of money was stolen from thousands of accounts.

- Alex

--

Alex Alten
Alten@Home.Com