From: "Wang, Cliff" <CWang@smartpipes.com>
To: "'david chen'" <ietf_davidchen@hotmail.com>; "Wang, Cliff" <CWang@smartpipes.com>; "Sandy Harris" <sandy@storm.ca>; "'IPsec WG'" <ipsec@lists.tislabs.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 9:33 PM
Subject: RE: On shared keys (was RE: SOI: identity protection and DOS)

> Thanks for the discussion and see my comments in line.

In the case of hub-spoke topology (not full-mesh) and
pre-shared RSA public key are used,
if a spoke is compromised, only the link to the hub is compromised,
don't see how the rest of 3 spokes are compromised.
Note that, In above example,
each device in the hub-spoke only stores its own private key and
others' public keys.    The server in above exmample is part of "out-of-band"
communication model.  It is a reasonable way for key management and
not part of 'security link' topology (full mesh, start, bus, and any 'secured' comm. topology)
in the participated devices.
(It is possible that the server is a person :-)

CWang@smartpipes.com>
ietf_davidchen@hotmail.com>; "Sandy Harris"
sandy@storm.ca>; "'IPsec WG'" <ipsec@lists.tislabs.com>

sandy@storm.ca>