Re: Some comments on JFK

I agree - The encryption algorithm(s) in use should be part of the protocol
specification. (Indeed, stream ciphers such as RC4 are not appropriate.)

BTW, forgot to mention - I agree with your assessment of what goes wrong if
the signature in message 4 in JFK is replaced with a MAC. This is exactly
why it is there.

Ran