Re: Please kill preshared key.

  There are a few that do that and the reason they do is that they
want to use some legacy authentication technique to authenticate
"the client". And the reason they are forced to do this insecure
hack is because it was prohibited to add support for this type of
authentication technique directly into IKE (e.g. CRACK).

  People will get what they want somehow someway. And giving someone
something they don't want will force them to look for novel (and most
likely insecure) ways to get what they want. We can make it hard to
do it wrong by making it easy to do it right.

  Dan.

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:20:45 EST you wrote