Re: Son-of-IKE Selection Criteria?

The real problem here is that it puts the local operator -- the ISP,
the hotel, the conference LAN organizers -- in the critical path.  If
one needs an address-based certificate, one can't do *anything* without
local operator co-operation.  Apart from the fact that that doesn't
scale very well -- between last Tuesday and next Friday, I'll have been
in four different cities, have used or will use at least four different
LANs (two of which used borrowed jacks and/or IP addresses), etc., and
I'd have used more if airports and train stations (and, for that
matter, airplanes and trains) had 802.11 or Ethernet available.  Why
should I need to go through that many ISPs instead of having a
certificate (public key, actually) issued by my employer for VPN access?