Re: discussion of SIGMA-IKE

In message <2F3EC696EAEED311BB2D009027C3F4F4058698C0@vhqpostal.verisign.com>, "
Hallam-Baker, Phillip" writes:

>I don't think anyone is suggesting that we should only discuss JFK because
>it is the only draft submitted to the working group before the cutoff for a
>single IETF meeting. Clearly we want the discussion at Salt Lake City to be
>as productive as possible and that is best achieved by discussing all the
>possible options.

I certainly don't claim that.  My understanding -- and my practice, in
the groups I chair -- are that all drafts that are within charter and
are the basis for WG disucssion are "official" WG documents, and can be
named accordinglhy.  It most emphatically does *not* imply any
preferred status.

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com