RE: Son-of-IKE Selection Criteria?

Steve,

	The problem here is that your risk model is still broken, you are
assuming a risk that already means you have lost.

	If you can't trust your ISP to conceal your trafic then your trafic
is already compromised.

	Using JFK as presently configured I can still trace the packets back
to Steve Bellovin in your scenario:

1) I look at the IP header source address
2) I find the ISP who owns the source address
3) I cause the ISP to tell me who you are.

	Under your attack model (3) is easy. But it is under any realistic
scenario, Ashcroft can (and will) simply issue a directive under the Patriot
act to force the ISP to hand over the records, Al Qaeda would simply kidnap
the Sysop's children and tell the sysop to give them the data.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.