Requirements, Please (was: Son-of-IKE Performance )

Jan Vilhuber writes:
 > That being said, how about we divert some of this energy to debating the
 > requirements doc:
 > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-son-of-ike-protocol-reqts-00.txt

   Hear, hear!

   It's pretty disheartening to see the sniping level go up
   here when it's plainly evident that there's a lot of
   convergent evolution going on. Instead of targeting
   other drafts weaknesses -- especially ones that are
   easily fixed -- we should be focusing most of our effort
   on what the protocols are suppposed to *DO*.

   JFK, for example, has made a fairly strong statement
   that symmetric pre-shared keys are a non-requirement.
   I haven't seen the IKEv2 take a strong position one
   way or the other. Thus the only way to *really* give
   the proper valuation on this subject is to get
   consensus reflected into the requirements draft.
   This also has the side benefit that we can talk
   about contentious issues in the abstract rather
   than impugning somebody's baby.

   Let's not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

	     Mike

Follow-Ups: References: