RE: Please save the pre-shared key mode

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Alex Alten wrote:
> Cut it out.  Going PK implies PKI, which in turn implies X.509.

Is this your religion or something?  We've been telling you and telling
you that this is *NOT TRUE*.

FreeS/WAN, for example, is a widely-deployed IPsec implementation using PK
without PKI.  Can you explain why you believe this to be impossible?

> Don't try to BS the fact that X.509 is a beast to use.

No argument there.  But it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand, since
PK does *NOT* imply PKI or X.509.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net