RE: Son-of-IKE Performance

> >Here's a question. Have the authors of JFK given any thought
> to how (if?)
> >they will incorporate NAT-traversal? With IKEv2, the already
> completed
> >drafts from IKEv1 can be presumably carried forward.
>
> JFK doesn't rely on IP addresses at all -- it can pass through NATs
> just fine.

The issue is not whether JFK can pass through NATs. The problem is that
ESP/AH traffic can't go through NATs. We just went
through a long design process of extending IKE to help ESP get through NATs
and I'm wondering how/if JFK will tackle this issue.

Jan replied to ask why people aren't debating the requirements draft. I
guess what I'm saying is that I think this is a requirement.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.