Re: comments on jfk and ikev2 drafts

On 10 Dec 01, at 11:05, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> In message <200112100418.fBA4Itr01852@marajade.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>, Michael
>  Richardson writes:
>
> >6.    what is a "ukases" in section 2.5 paragraph 3?
> >

> From www.m-w.com:
>
>    Main Entry: ukase
>    Pronunciation: yØ-'kAs, -'kAz, 'yØ-"; Ø-'kÄz
>    Function: noun
>    Etymology: French & Russian; French, from Russian ukaz, from ukazat' to
>    show, order; akin to Old Church Slavonic u- away, Latin au-, Sanskrit ava-
>    and to Old Church Slavonic kazati to show
>    Date: 1729
>    1 : a proclamation by a Russian emperor or government having the force of
>    law
>    2 : EDICT
>
> We had definition 2 in mind....

Funny enough, but even being a native russian-speaking, I didn't
understand this word either untill your explaination :-)

In Russian it is rather unusual word for the context it has been used
in. Probably it's better to change it to eliminate confusion.

Best regards,
Valery Smyslov.

Follow-Ups: References: