Re: compare-jfk-sigma.txt

In message <15378.38155.49527.8799@ryijy.hel.fi.ssh.com>, Tero Kivinen writes:

>Actually it really does not matter which ends identity is protected
>against active attacks unless we disallow changing of the direction of
>the negotiation.

This is something that the implementation can do; on detecting an incoming
Message 1 from a peer with whom I already have an SA or with whom I'm willing
to establish an SA, I simply start a JFK exchange myself. It's simple enough
to detect cases where both parties are not willing to reveal their identities
(and avoid a Message-1-war).
-Angelos