RE: IKEv2 traffic selector subsetting.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Andrew Krywaniuk wrote:
> ...If you
> wish to avoid sending traffic that will be filtered out by the peer then
> that would be best accomplished by an IPSP protocol.

I.e., "by some hypothetical protocol yet to be defined".

It's better to solve the problem than to pretend that someone somehow will
deliver a solution when required.  IKE has demonstrated that simple
solutions are adequate for many purposes.  Deliberately excluding this
from son-of-IKE may be ideologically preferable but makes no sense as a
matter of practical engineering.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: