Re: IKE v2 Requirements and backwards compatability

Scott Fanning writes:
 > So, whatever we do, the next protocol will have to use a different UDP port?
 > Should that be a requirement, or is that too protocol specific?

   Dan felt pretty strongly that KINK should be on a
   different port. I suspect that many of his reasons
   apply here as the protocols being described only
   bear a passing resemblance to IKEv1. It may also
   be worthwhile to consider that one might want to
   shield via access control the various IPsec key
   management schemes from gateways and/or clients.

		      Mike