Re: Options field in Outer IP Header

you guessed it right amol, outer IP header doesn;t copy inner IP header's option fields. for him, it is just a normal IP payload which has to be encapsulated, whtever may be the inner header/payload contents.

but it doesn;t imply tht options are not constructed for outer IP header. if the environment needs every packet to be attached with security options....in tht case outer header will attach it;s own option fields. But option fields of inner IP header will not be copied in outer IP header.

any corrections r welcome.
regards,
amey