Re: What is the standardization status of AES in IPSec?

 >> I'm curious as to how many people believe that a MUST for a
 >> 128-bit AES key means a MUST for 128 bits of entropy in the key.

 Jari> I don't. While I believe we should move to AES as soon as
 Jari> possible, I don't necessarily believe in the statement that all
 Jari> components of the protocol set must be equally strong; you
 Jari> should be able to take advantage of a new good algorithm even
 Jari> if you can't for e.g. computational reasons increase
 Jari> Diffie-Hellman key lengths quite as much.

 Jari> Thus, I believe we should standardize groups matching AES
 Jari> strength, but not make them mandatory. And we need to explain
 Jari> the strength issues somewhere.

Agreed 100%.  Make sure the option is there -- don't mandate it.

       paul