Re: RESEND: Thoughts on identity attacks

  Well not entirely rhetorical. What I was asking for was his opinion of
what these people want and are using. The mandatory-to-implement
authentication method for IKE does not distinguish between a "shared
[secret] password" and a "shared [secret] key". As long as it's shared
and symmetric the "entropy" doesn't matter. But given how broken the
mandatory-to-implement authentication method is I'm surprised that this
is what is being used in the large deployments he was talking about.
Or maybe he's talking about legacy authentication using RADIUS or the
like. I don't know. I'd like to know though.

  Dan.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:27:00 EST you wrote