RE: RESEND: Thoughts on identity attacks

> In your last message you suggest that cookies be made
> optional. You state
> "This allows the 2 round trip JFK scheme to be reduced to 1
> required and 1
> optional round trip." Then you go on to describe a protocol
> which bears
> absolutely no resemblance to JFK at all.

If you think that I don't think you understand JFK.

> The JFK approach was to take 90% of the crypto features that IKEv2
> implements in average case 4 messages (worst case 6) and do
> them in constant
> time 4 messages. What you have done is take the same idea from IKEv2
> (optional cookies), graft it onto XKASS, and then somehow
> pretend that this
> is related to JFK.

Look at the crypto.

And when it comes to a security model, XKASS describes its
security model with far more rigor than JFK. So please don't
get into the histrionics.

> I hate to resort to tired cliches, but if for some reason all
> you require is
> fast negotiation, irregardless of the security drawbacks,
> then perhaps that
> should be done by a separate protocol.

Straw man, I have presented a formalized analysis of the security
model, JFK does not. All I see in JFK is a catalogue of previously
discovered problems. That is not a security model in my view.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker (E-mail).vcf