RE: NAT Traversal

Yes, it is the same issue that causes several problems. IPsec pass-thru
enabled routers monitor the cookie to route the IKE messages (they use
cookies for IKE and SPI for IPsec messages).

Putting 8 bytes of zero where the cookie should be creates problems for
IPsec messages as they might be routed to the wrong host. In keep-alive
messages there is nothing where the cookie should be and so they get
dropped.

Regards,
Jayant