RE: NAT Traversal

> How can such demon-spawn even use SPI for ESP/AH messages?  The
> SPI is encrypted within IKE and is not symmetric, so when the
> NAT box receives a message for SPI X, how does it know where
> to route it?

What demon-spawn?? That is the RSIP method and it is widely deployed.
I think the following link should help you understand how it works. If
you still don't get it, do feel free to ask questions.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99jul/slides/nat-rsip-99jul/sld011.htm

> Boxes that do this are just plain broken and should be
> completely nuked from orbit.
>
> -derek

How did you figure that out? I don't think you would have said that if
you understood the RSIP method. If anything should be called demon-spawn
or broken, it is the NAT traversal draft. Moreover, after you have
examined the NAT Traversal draft you might also notice several
problems/drawbacks it has.

Regards,
Jayant