IPsec VPN v.s. MPLS VPN

Title: IPsec VPN v.s. MPLS VPN

Hi, everyone!

I want to discuss the superiority both type of VPN, IPsec and MPLS.
Now our company run after the tech of VPN to provide the secure zone for all customer, and this classfication is as following I think;

IPsec VPN -use the Internet for this infrastructure, don't be needed the additional capital investment, so this is match for the enterprise security solution. But there is no expectation to ensure the intelligent Traffic Engineering that MPLS VPN can do.

MPLS VPN - use the closed network with the exclusive router, and this closed network is provided by the carrier, this complecated switching network can give us high performance and perfect ToS, and no need to encrypt the traffic data.

Now I think, it's just my opinion, if the internet infrastructure become has a big pipe and high performance, of couse the investment for this owe to all of carrier, the intelligent traffic engineering is no use anymore and great through put can provide to anyone connecting to internet. That means, in the future, the intelligent ToS isn't neccesary, we don't need to care of the ToS, extremely I can say.

That fact also means, the end security gateway only take care of high performance encryption & decryption, that based on ASIC.

I wonder, there is some possibility in the future, all of client has exclusive ASIC for encryption for itself, and also the internet has security gateway routing protocol, this system can be swith the all of client request with IPsec. The client can connect to all of internet server or client using security tunnel that provided by VPN swith network which spreading all over the world!

Anyway, now I want to change my question to you like that,

"Do you think the MPLS tech can survive in the security solution?"

Best regards,
Taka

Network Value Components, Ltd.
  |-GroupSystem Engineering Group 2