Re: Length of pre-shared key

Juha -

I'm going out on a limb here... but technically there is no limit
since the key is only used locally in the creation of the SKEYID.
The real limit is in the PRF inputs, i.e. SKEYID =
prf(pre-shared-key, Ni_b | Nr_b)

Seeing that the Nonce can be between 8 and 256 bytes, it *could*
be logically surmised that the shared secret would have the same
consideration based on the PRF - but this depends on the process
implemented and supported.

Just my $0.02

Best regards,
Jim Tiller, CISSP