RE: Length of pre-shared key

I don't think there is a specific limit. After all, HMAC tells you how to
stretch the input if it is less that the size of the hash output. But use
your common sense: the shorter the input, the easier it will be for a
cracking program to guess it. Also, it's the entropy in the password, not
the length, that matters.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.