Re: NAT Traversal

"Chinna N.R. Pellacuru" <pcn@cisco.com> writes:

> In what "other" cases are you saying we need to do IPsec transport mode
> through NAT? Someone gets a private address, and does plain IPsec
> transport mode through NAT! to whom? and why?

Here's an example: A person at a conference who's laptop is setup to
perform RSA-based transport-mode opportunistic encryption, but where
the conference is sitting on a NAT?  I've been to conferences where
they conference LAN is sitting behind a NAT, but I would still like to
be able to use my laptop and the services it has the same way I would
if I were NOT sitting behind a NAT.  To my laptop, it shouldn't
matter.

Keep in mind that the user who wants to run IPsec and the manager who
runs the network with a NAT may NOT be the same person!

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com