RE: NAT support and laws for the lawless

> In this case you can. Assume you have an IPv6 network between the
> endpoints, and let the stack work out the layers of framing
> necessary to make that true.

Ah assume that we solve the problem by merely replacing the entire Internet
routing infrastructure.

How about we face reality and assume IPv4 will outlive us all whether or not
IPv6 is ever deployed.

The title of this thread implies that people believe that the IETF sets laws
and has a right of veto over net use. The IETF is no difference in principle
to any other open source type project, people can and do fork the code tree.

This is not about the morality of NAT, after all if electricity is created
by eletrons that means that morality is created by morons.

	Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker (E-mail).vcf