RE: NAT Traversal

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Srinivasa Addepalli wrote:
>   MobileIP working group did lot of work in regards to NAT discovery
>   and Traversal. We can use this work as basis to define discovery
>   and traversal of NAT boxes in this working group OR see the
>   possibility of using mobileIP work here. This will not require
>   any changes to either IKE/IPSEC or no changes to NAT boxes.

You could do all this work in the Mobile IP group or you could do it in
the midcom group who is chartered to help everyone with this. I don't see
why this should be on the charter for the IPsec working group.

>   Mr Henrik is kind enough to offer his services to solve the
>   problem with his expertise in mobileIP. I really would like to
>   see some solution which solves the problem without any changes
>   to IKE/IPSEC and NAT boxes.

A solution "without any changes to IKE/IPSEC and NAT boxes" would
definitely be ideal. Please give the details if you have come up with such
a solution, and we don't even have to have a "standard" for solving NAT
IPsec problem, because nothing changes.

    chinna